Hour of Code puts emphasis on computer science education in schools, community
Hour of Code is a key promotional and educational part of Computer Science Education Week, which is happening now.
In Lincoln Public Schools, 27 schools and thousands of students are participating by coding for one hour. Coding is using text commands to instruct a computer on what actions to take
The Lincoln Partnership for Economic Development is also sponsoring a city event that will include LPS students from our CLC Coding Clubs at West Lincoln, Huntington, and Saratoga elementary schools, as well as the Information Technology Focus Program, Lefler Middle School. Seehttp://www.selectlincoln.org/hourofcode for more information.
At tonight's Board of Education meeting, a video will be shown featuring the Coding Club at Saratoga Elementary.
- LHS students create blankets to share
- Q&A with Jesse Andres, coach of city robotics champions at Goodrich
- Holiday-themed recipes from FCS teachers
- Adams students raise funds, shop for those less fortunate
- Special bond issue election proposed for 2014
- Community News: December 2013
- LPS Athletics Schedule
- Student and staff honors
- LPS High School Music/Theater Calendar
- More Headlines...